Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 1 first day.

This is my week one blog post and for my first day as an intern I did lawn and split cultures of an unknown microbe. When I return to the lab on Tue. I will have a nice culture of my unknown and will begin the next process in Koch's postulates. I put the microbe in the incubator after using proper technique and do not expect any contaminants in my sample. The next step was to start researching microbiomes and how we could go about testing the concepts that through microbiomes one could make a plant more fruitful and healthy.
Fluorescent micrograph shows the tip of a lateral root (top) emerging from the main root (bottom) of the flowering plant Arabidopsis thaliana, showing bacteria in green and plant nuclei in blue.

Works cited
Martin Grube . 2013. The plant microbiome and it's importance on plant and human health. Frontiers (M.     Schloter) [Internet]. [2013 November 8, cited 2014 Febuary 3] **Journal Info**. Available from:                 http://www.frontiersin.org/Journal/SpecialTopicDetail.aspx?name=plant-                     microbe_interaction&st=1543&sname=The_plant_microbiome_and_its_i

No comments:

Post a Comment