Thursday, February 6, 2014

Week 2: Having some contamination.




In week one I made a culture of my first unknown microbe. There were however contaminants in the culture so I decided to test both bacteria from the culture in a gram stain. Both microbes stained positive and were both staphylococci in morphology. I did not have enough of the microbe contaminating my sample so am going to incubate a new TSB for this bacteria re-plate it on an augur trying to isolate the growth of microbe so I can get more precise testing done with out having both bacteria contaminate one another. When I come back next week I will be then conclude test on both the unknown microbe and the contaminant in my samples with definitive answers. I also hope to get results from the glucose fermentation test I started today to further test the microbes in my sample. 

No comments:

Post a Comment