Thursday, October 16, 2014

This is why endophytes are important!

Things seem to be taking turns very quickly. One day I am excited that I got something isolated and a pure enough sample to test on, and then the next day back at square one. I am going to try using different media's designed for fungus growth to see if that makes any difference. With the help of Josh (thanks again by the way) I was able to find a dichotomous key that will help me in identifying the microbes I am finding. They used MEA (malt extract agar) to inoculate there microbes as well as corn meal agar. Josh will be ordering these media for me so I can make some new plates and try again. Even though things are going slow, I feel I am making strides and improvements in the right direction. This video shows how endophytes have already helped the world and the problems of agriculturist everywhere.    

No comments:

Post a Comment