Thursday, October 9, 2014

Lots of things growing and new media to inoculate!



 In this weeks lab I got to do more testing on my unknown bacteria from the grass seeds I broke up. It is a pure sample to test on. I found it is Gram positive bacillus bacteria, microaerophilic, triptone negative and fermented glucose, fructose, and lactose while producing gas in all three of them. I will also try to recreate the inoculation of a fungus I got to grow from sterile grass with the root and the tips of the blades cut after sterilization. I found many articles that showed scientist inoculation endophytes at room temperature instead of the 37 degrees I am currently inoculating at, so I am adding this variable to my process and going to see what happens at a different temp.   



Endophytes can clean up polluted and contaminated soil from explosives like TNT.

No comments:

Post a Comment